Subject: really old powerpc compiler ifdefs
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/23/1999 23:16:50
1) bsd.own.mk sets NOPROFILE for the powerpc, but if you remove that
   and build something with profiling, you get results that look
   perfectly believable.

2) src/{domestic/,}libexec/ftpd/Makefile turns off optimization on the
   powerpc "to prevent a core dump in cc1". If you remove that and
   compile with optimization, it builds fine, and basic testing
   doesn't turn up any problems with the resulting executable

Both of these hacks date to 1997. I'm guessing egcs fixed the relevant
problems. Does anyone know any reason I shouldn't revert both of them?
(Particularly Jason, since you're the one who put both of them in.)

-- Dan