Subject: First Install of NetBSD/macppc
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/23/1999 11:18:21
I'm a long time user of NetBSD/mac68k, and recently got a spare Power Mac
8500 with a 604e/120.  So I decided to try to install NetBSD/macppc 1.4.
But I found a few problems along the way.

I'm having the hardest time making the boot floppy.  The instructions first
mention the boot floppy in the section headed "NetBSD/macppc Subdirectory
Structure" and give the description "macppc boot and installation floppies;
see below."  It's mentioned in the section "Running the Sysinst
Installation Program: 4. Quick install" with the sentence, "Insert the boot
floppy you just created."  But it doesn't include how to make that boot
floppy.

Also, the section "Preparing your System for NetBSD Installation" ends with
what appears to be missing text.  The last paragraph reads:

	The NetBSD uses the standard sysinst installation utility.
	You should examine the guide on the NetBSD /

On the NetBSD what?

Oh, one last thing.  What happened to the security set for the NetBSD 1.4
distribution of NetBSD/macppc?  It's not on the ftp.netbsd.org server, nor
the two US mirrors I checked.

Eric Damien Berna
Thiel Design
Phone: 414.271.0775