Subject: Re: NetBSD/G3 upgrade
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/23/1999 09:51:12
John Franklin wrote:
[snip]
> The system:
> Power Macintosh 7500 w/XLR8 G3 upgrade card (300MHz)

> supported processor, which means it could be added to the web page
> with a footnote.

I wonder if it's initializing the L2 cache? I think this is done on G3
upgraded Macs by a init. I believe BootX has something that takes that
initialization info and makes it available to the LinuxPPC kernel. It's
something to think about for NetBSD/ppc. As soon as I get at PowerMax
IDE card for my MacOS drive I'll be trying to install NetBSD again (it
doesn't seem to like my MESH scsi bus). After that, it's a G3 upgrade.

cheers,

Matthew Reilly