Subject: Re: NetBSD/G3 upgrade
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/22/1999 21:10:59
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, John Franklin wrote:
> Dunno about the 7500.  When I get the new brain for it, I'll check.
> I expect that it does, since it's a PCI Mac (like the 7200).  When
> I get the new brain for it, I'll try booting NetBSD on it, too.

For those keeping score:
Using the 1.4 Release floppy with its generic kernel, I can get it to
boot and go through the whole boot sequence up to the (I)nstall, (S)hell
or (H)alt: prompt.  (At which point I realize I have nowhere to PUT
NetBSD/macppc.)

This is all done via the serial console on the Modem port, but it does
activate the screen halfway through the hardware detect.  Because of
the order it detects the scsi busses, the external Zip drive is attached
to sd0 (ID 6 on scsibus0 on esp0), and the main internal HD is attached
to sd1 (ID 0 on scsibus1 on mesh0.)  Only one item was not detected.

The system:
Power Macintosh 7500 w/XLR8 G3 upgrade card (300MHz)

supported processor, which means it could be added to the web page
with a footnote.

jf
--
John Franklin