Subject: Re: NetBSD/G3 upgrade
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: James Spahr <james@designframe.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/1999 21:21:17
6/20/99 9:02 PM | dgatwood@mvista.com :

>> I think it's more that since none of the 601-based machines have
>> openfirmware (right?), no one has bothered to worry about it.
>>
>> Wait, are you sure about the 7300? It's on the "supported hardware"
>> list...
>
>No, not positive.  I thought its stock card was a 601... I know the 7500's
>was a 601, and the 7200 is a non-upgradable 601, AFAIK.  I've only seen a
>7300 once, so....

hmmm...
We have a gaggle of 7300's in the office. All are 604e's - PCI Bus.

http://www.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?RID=235

BTW, I recently joined this list because I was debating installing BSD on
my 3400. This list seems more like a developer's list, opposed to a users
list. Is there a user/ (newbie?) list for the PPC port?

James.