Subject: Re: a bunch of macppc stuff
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/1999 17:42:46
> Evidently not. Does it have to be 1000?

I haven't tried other values. It can't be 0.

> We don't use OF to probe the usb bus.

I know, but OF itself must probe it to determine the console keyboard
to listen to. So it seemed similar to the other bugs where our
ability to play with a device is dependent on whether or not ofw
already did.

> Send a PR - there's somethign flakey
> with ohci on the B&W G3's. I can't set the LED's if I don't have debugging
> enabled (and the assosciated debugging printf's).

Yeah, I know. Tell me when you've got it fixed so I can commit the
LED-twiddling code for X. :-)

> we can support it easily. I'm not sure how to get the CD to be bootable if
> we need MacOS - we'd need a license for that. :-(

I'm assuming you can trick it into booting your own ELF program rather
than the OS somehow... someone said the MkLinux CD was bootable, and I
assume they couldn't distribute MacOS either.

> >    It might also be useful to get BootVariables working on newer
> >    machines

> I've never actually seen source for it. Have you?

Yes, I have it on my MacOS partition, which I can't access currently.
And now I can't find it on the web... I'll check later.

-- Dan