Subject: Re: NuBus in the FAQ
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/19/1999 21:59:10
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> This is a bit off-topic, but FYI:
>
> I guess PCI based PERFORMA class machines (64xx ?) have
> non-PCI based on-board video. These machines would work
> with serial console only.

The 54/64xx machines, like the PERFORMA class machines, use valkyrie
video.  It's a bit of a stretch to describe it as non-PCI based, though.
You should be able to get the base address from OF along with the video
mode and have a minimal video console just from that.  You'll note how
little code there is in MkLinux to support it.  It's not a fully
functional driver in that it can't change resolutions, but it should get
you started.

Later,
David