Subject: More iMac info (was 'Hurm, OK')
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Thomas <rob@rpi.net.au>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/19/1999 16:15:37
Rob Thomas wrote:

> I'm trying to netboot. I have a sane bootp, which is giving out (what I
> think) is sane information.  When I try to actually boot the machine I
> get this:

OK, I managed to find a link to the mailing list archives, and it was
hinted that perhaps I don't need the ofwboot.bin file after all, and I
can TFTP the kernel. Well. That kinda worked.  It loads the kernel,
brings up (a very sparc like 8-) font, and locks up.

The first line was 'Unable to detect USB' (or something like that -
sorry, I apologise that I didn't write it down), it detects all the RAM
(160MB) and then panics with 'Unable to allocate VM'. After that, the
mac locks up -hard-, unable to power off under any circumstances, and I
have to physically pull the power plug.

If it means anything, I'm running:

Apple iMac Open Firmware 3.0.f10 built on 03/05/99 at 21:13:19

The mac's exactly a week old, so I would assume that this is the latest
firmware 8-)

--Rob