Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 on a PowerCenter Pro?
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/1999 14:33:20
> The most important problem I'm having is that I can't get my monitor to
> work when I try to boot into OpenFirmware.  Its a Sony Multiscan 100sx.
> When I hold down command-option-O-F and boot, the monitor "clicks" on
> and shows green like its going to work, but nothing shows up and it
> "clicks" back off and shows the amber color.

Sounds like your machine has an older OpenFirmware version, which
defaults to using a serial console.

If you go to the port-macppc homepage on www.netbsd.org, follow the
link to "the developer's homepage", and follow the link at the bottom
of that page to the install instructions, there are instructions on
how to set up a serial console to boot with the first time and how to
re-set the ofw variables so you can boot to the monitor after that.

-- DAn