Subject: Re: More on B&W booting
To: Mark & Suzanne <gcs@s054.aone.net.au>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/03/1999 00:14:01
> boot hd:0,/netbsd -s

you can't specify a filename on the raw partition. "boot hd:0 -s" will
read whatever's there (ofwboot or bootx or whatever, assuming
installboot did its thing correctly) and pass it the -s.

I'm not sure anyone has ever actually seen this work... (anyone?)

> How are you keeping the MacOS partition table?

I have two disks, and I was referring to the MacOS one. AFAIK, NetBSD
doesn't deal with MacOS partition tables in any useful manner yet.

>     Do I read that correctly you need to have a MacOS part ?

No. I boot off a MacOS IDE disk partition ("boot hd:5,netbsd") because
(among other things), if I boot off my SCSI disk, the SCSI controller
doesn't work once NetBSD is up and running...

-- Dan