Subject: More on B&W booting
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/01/1999 08:43:57
Bill Studenmund wrote this:

>But try first copying ofwboot to /boot, and then trying
>
>/usr/mdec/installboot -v /boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rwd0a
>                         ^^^^                   ^^^^
>                the file ||||  needs to be on   |||| that device.
>
>So if you have /dev/wd0a at /mnt, use /mnt/boot. :-)

Well, I did this, and I have installed NetBSD on a separate drive (which is
connected as the slave device on the bus that hosts the CD). I tried
different things in OF, but I'm lost as to what I should feed OF to make it
boot from the BSD drive. Can anyone help, please?
Regards,
hcb

---
Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)