Subject: Okay, getting farther, new problem
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/30/1999 13:41:31
Hi all,

Okay, I figured out that my mesh problem was NetBSD not liking my Zip
drive.  I unplugged it and all was well.  I boot into open firmware via a
serial connection to zterm running on another machine.  The floppy booted,
the installer ran.  I'm hoping to install / and scratch on sd0 and /usr on
wd0; the installer doesn't seem to like to install on more than one disk,
so I installed kernel, base, and etc on a scratch disk (sd1), figuring I'd
manually move stuff around afterward.

The install was successful.  The installer said the machine should now boot
from the hard disk.  The timer on zterm halted, indicating that the serial
connection had been ended.  And then, nothing happened.

What should I expect at this point?  Should it reconnect to the serial
console?  Should I be reconnecting a monitor to the NetBSD box itself and
looking for output there?  (I gather it only supports PCI video, not
on-board video, so I don't have much hope there.)  Or do I need to go into
OF and do something manually each time I want to reboot?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks,

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

     I don't want to achieve immortality through my work.  I want
     to achieve it through not dying.
                                             -Woody Allen