Subject: Re: More on B&W G3 and booting...
To: Mark & Suzanne <gcs@s054.aone.net.au>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/27/1999 18:44:40
On Thu, 27 May 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > I can reboot from the ethernet and mount /dev/wd0a and /dev/wd0g  as / and
> > /usr so the labels ok from netbsd perspective. I've tried doing
> > /usr/mdec/installboot  -v ofwboot bootxx /dev/rwd0a
> Try
> /usr/mdec/installboot -v bootxx /dev/rwd0a   - you showed one too many
> files above.

Never mind. Our verison seems to want one more parameter than the man page
I looked at.

But try first copying ofwboot to /boot, and then trying

/usr/mdec/installboot -v /boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rwd0a
                the file ||||  needs to be on   |||| that device.

So if you have /dev/wd0a at /mnt, use /mnt/boot. :-)

Take care,

Bill