Subject: Boot floppy failure
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Kenny Simpson <PascalSimpson@netscape.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/1999 22:20:00
I wanted to try and install NetBSD on an external SCSI
disk attached to my StarMax 4160. I downloaded the boot
floppy image and used suntar to copy to a newly formatted
floppy. I used the bootvars program to configure open =

firmware to boot from the floppy. I got the message
about NetBSD the received the following. Any help would be
appreciated.

CPU: 604ev (Revision 204)
real mem: 100663296
avail mem: 89681920
using 800 buffers containing 3276800 bytes of memory
mainbus 0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pci0: i/o enabled, memory enabled
pchb0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
pchb0: vendor 0x106b product 0x0001 (rev. 0x03)
obio0 at pci0 dev16 function 0: addr 0xf3000000
mesh0 at obio0 offset 0x10000 irq 12: 50 MHz, SCSI ID 7
scsibus0 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
panic: mesh: FIFO !=3D 0
rebooting

The machine hangs at this point. Any help on getting NetBSD
installed would be appreciated.

TIA

Ken

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=