Subject: More on B&W G3 and booting...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: George.Neville-Neil <gnn@siara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/1999 14:59:12
Hi Folks,

	OK, here's what I've got working so far.

1) I can boot the NetBSD kernel from my FreeBSD 3.1 machine with bootp/tftp.

2) I can get the machine to newfs a new IDE drive attached to the IDE bus.

3) I CANNOT get the sysint to correctly set up the network to do a network
install.

4) I can ifconfig bm0 by hand and then ftp bsd, etc, and kern to the new wd0g
partition.

5) I have now gotten base, etc, and kern uncompressed and installed on
/dev/wd0a.

6) I have modified the fstab on /dev/wd0a to be appropriate.

All I need to know now (I think) is how to boot the wd0a with netbsd from the
OF prompt.

There is an alias for hd but a boot hd gets

MAC-PARTS: can't find a default partition can't OPEN: hd.

Any clues?

Later,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil				 gnn@siara.com

"I will never abdicate to anybody else my right to decide who the enemy is."
			Utah Phillips