Subject: Re: Concise instructions on boot/install on G3?
To: George.Neville-Neil <gnn@siara.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/1999 10:53:22
> 	I have a SuperDisk Drive by Imation which I want to boot from
> but cannot find the right device name in the OF stuff.

That's USB? I don't think that's bootable... Does it appear in the
"Startup Disk" control panel in MacOS? If it does, select it as the
startup disk, then reboot into open firmware, and use printenv to see
what it set the boot device variable to.

The standard way to boot the Blue G3s currently is to netboot them off
another UNIX machine on the same network. You can find bits and pieces
of instructions on how to do that scattered throughout the port-macppc
archive.

-- Dan