Subject: status of NuBus support?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason R Mastaler <jason@4b.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/23/1999 11:05:25
The INSTALL page for NetBSD-1.4/macppc says:

NetBSD/macppc 1.4 does not run on these machines (yet):
            o Systems without Open Firmware. (e.g. PowerBook 5xxx)
            o NuBus-based systems.
            o PowerPC601-based systems.
            o m68k-based systems with a PowerPC upgrade card.

The "yet" seems to indicate that NuBus-based systems will eventually
be supported.  Can I get an idea of when this might happen?  I've got
a PowerMac 7100/80 that I'd like to put to use if the NuBus support is
expected reasonably soon.

Thanks for any info.

P.S - Yes, I know about MkLinux, but I've already tried it out on this
machine and wasn't impressed at all (to say the least).  I'd much
rather run BSD.