Subject: Re: X on macppc
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/1999 19:01:49
The option-arrow hack is in the adb code. If you're using both an adb
keyboard and an adb mouse, it looks like you can make it work by
adding "flags 0x1" to the aed line in your kernel config. (Untested:
I'm having issues getting -current kernels to work, and I don't have
any adb stuff anyway.)

If you're using USB just go buy a 3-button USB mouse. They're cheap.

How does the mac68k X server work wrt "what keys say" vs "what they
are on other platforms"? Xmacppc makes the key above backslash
generate "Delete" because it's labelled as such, but I'd expect it to
generate "BackSpace". Similarly, I want the key labelled "help" to
generate "Insert" and the key labelled "clear" to generate "Num_Lock".
And I feel like "Command" should be Meta and "Option" should be Alt,
but it defaults to the other way around. (Oh, and "page up" and "page
down" should generate Page_Up and Page_Down, not KP_Page_Up and
KP_Page_Down.)

Anyone else agree or disagree with any of that?

-- Dan