Subject: Re: wrong URL (Re: Mesh scsi)
To: None <mjreilly@flshcom.net>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/20/1999 07:34:22
On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 10:09:02PM +0000, Matthew Reilly wrote:

> Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp wrote:
>
> > What the model is it?  There are devices some quirks, it might be the
> > case.
>
> It's a Conner CFP1080S.
>
> > Is the Conner drive connected to MESH recognized under MacOS (on
> > PowerMac)?  If so, the problem may be ours...  Did you check the cable
> > and bus termination?  Why not remove the CD-ROM from the bus
> > temporarily and check if the problem still remains?

This sounds exactly as a 1G Conner disk that I have as well.

On my 233 MHz Powermac G3 DT, I have a disk that appears under MacOS,
but not with NetBSD (using the mesh driver).

To add to the confusion, I can tell that when I used Tsubai's mesh driver
from the nandra ftp site before it got integrated into the NetBSD
-current sources a few months ago, it used to work, but when the updated
mesh driver went into the tree, it was no longer detected during boot.

This is also a CFP1080S.

As this disk is not essential for my NetBSD-setup, I never came around to
send-pr'ing this problem, but it is still there (both on NetBSD 1.4 and as
of yesterday again on -current (i.e. 1.4B)).

- Erik