Subject: Re: B&W G3 console keyboard foo
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/1999 10:00:59
On Wed, 5 May 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> My B&W G3 testing was fine. But it'd help to have others test too..

I forgot a big caveat: unplug the usb mouse. It won't boot with it plugged
in. Well, the keyboard won't work. As I've got the whole system netbooting
& ssh autostarts, I can ssh in once everything's up. But the keyboard's
lost.

> I've put up a GENERIC kernel with these changes at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wrstuden/netbsd.macppc_GENERIC
>
> Please test it if you can. Either the keyboard will work or not. :-)

Also note, our hope is that this will work on non-B&W G3 machines. It
_should_ work on an 8500, but I haven't been able to test that yet.

Take care,

Bill