Subject: Re: How can I read and write mac-os partitions from NetBSD?
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/30/1999 14:06:42
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Sergey Ivanov wrote:
> You need hfsutils.  It is not in the package source.  You have to download it
> from some other place. (download)  it gives you some commands for moving files
> from NetBSD to MacOS.  I'm not sure the site where I got my copy.  See if you
> can find it.  It built and installed without much trouble.  It has a graphical
> user interface but I didn't get that working, only command line commands are
> working on my system.  Let me know if you can't find a copy.

I just cobbled together a package for it. Please try it:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wrstuden/hfsutils.tgz

Note: this is the package source. Untar it in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils where
it will create /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/hfsutils . Then type make therein, and
then make install.

This package won't build the X stuff.

pkgsrc is frozed right now as part of the 1.4 release cycle. I will commit
it after the freeze is over.

Take care,

Bill