Subject: installing on and 8500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Wesley Horner <wesman@azrael.uoregon.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/1999 18:21:50
I downloaded the installer floppy image and managed to make it boot but I
was unable to get netbsd to install.  All of the sysinst functions failed.
I had to configure the network by hand.  it was never able to write a
disklabel and format the disks.  The web page says the internal and
external scsi controllers are supported but the installer says only the
external is supported.  I have an internal drive.  Which should I believe?
THe installer is from feburary.

wes

~~~~wesman@gladstone.uoregon.edu~~~~~~~~~~NeXTMail OK!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vax  a vicious creature known to eat 110AC and quotes through its
*DCL*.  Vax are usually found in groups of Vaxen called clusters where
they lay in wait to ravage their prey known as users.