Subject: Re: B&W G3
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/1999 21:07:32
> trap type 200 at 113ff4   (in wdcprobe)

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Didn't bother to debug it
since I didn't need my IDE drive. :)

> The machine also has a bus logic card in it, and if I have bha configured
> and not pciide, I get a similar fault in bhaprobe.

To make adaptec cards work, you need to add a DELAY(10) in ahc_reset.
You might want to try increasing the delays in wdcprobe and bha_find
between the reset command and the test. Although if that works,
probably the real answer is to be using badaddr() to test if the
"yeah, I'm reset" register is readable rather than just reading it and
looking at the value. (Or maybe just ignoring trap type 200 during
device configuration?)

On a related note, does anyone know the openfirmware incantation to
boot off a bootable adaptec (power domain) scsi card? I tried things
that looked like the "boot off internal scsi" command, but it just
messed up the card's registers such that I had to powercycle before
NetBSD would talk to it again.)

-- Dan