Subject: Re: 1.4 alpha
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/09/1999 10:38:58
Hi,

1999/04/09 00:07:36, William MacKay  wrote:
> I recently joined this list, and i'd like to know about 1.4 alpha.

> What's new in it? I tried installing one of the snapshots in netbsd
> ftp, but it didn't work very well.

Did you install 1.3(A, B, ...) -current on your machine?  If not, see

http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/index.html

Change log is found at:

ftp://ftp.jp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-current/doc/CHANGES.prev
          ^^^
NOTE: something wrong with ftp.netbsd.org now, so you want to look for
your nearest mirror site in

http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/net.html

> When NetBSD 1.4 comes out, will macppc be officially supported?

I think it will.

> And can you help me install the alpha on my ppc? I have a PowerBase
> 180, which is essentially a Performa 6400 made by Power Computing.

How did you try to install, with boot floppy or netboot?  What error
messages did you get?