Subject: iMac and 19990119 snapshot -more!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <scott@cybersource.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/23/1999 09:32:24
	sorry if this is old news, but i havent heard anyone do this:

	I just successfully booted a kernel on local disk using the
aforementioned snapshot and this kernel:

fl00bie: {6} uname -a
NetBSD fl00bie 1.3I NetBSD 1.3I (GENERIC) #0: Sun Feb  7 21:35:43 JST 1999
tsubai@kanea:/c/0206/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/GENERIC macppc

I haven't gotten OF to start the boot loader but I think (hope) it's a
trivial issue to overcome, with work.  I had to completely bypass sysinst
when doing the install, for some reason it is unable to create a disk
label or use newfs so i did everything by hand.  after that I rebooted and
did ``boot enet:0'' again, this time using the netbsd.generic kernel on
my boot server. it couldnt find a root device and asked for one, I told it
wd0a and it went on its merry way.  I did find an issue though:

fl00bie: {7} w
 1:39AM  up 16 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.11, 0.11
USER    TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
w: proc size mismatch (9520 total, 672 chunks)
fl00bie: {8} ps -ax
ps: proc size mismatch (9520 total, 672 chunks)

All in all it took me a relatively small amount of work to get going.  I'm
stoked.

Scott

--
scott@cybersource.com