Subject: Re: New G3 PB?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Wesley Horner <wesman@azrael.uoregon.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/1999 11:45:07
On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, David Wetzel wrote:

> My plan is to install MacOS 8.x, Mac OS X Server (for WebObjects etc) and NetBSD.
> It would be nice to have a boot menu. Is this possible?
>
> Or can you tell the OF-to boot Partition# 1, 2 or 3?

You can right a fourth program that will give you a boot selection.  I
have seen these programs posted on the web before.  The OS needs to be
bootable by OF for this to work.  It wouldn't work with linux on the imac
for instance since it won't boot from OF on that machine.  You can also
just tell it boot <controller disk partition> or somthing simaler to this.
I always have to look it up when I du it.

wes

~~~~wesman@gladstone.uoregon.edu~~~~~~~~~~NeXTMail OK!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vax  a vicious creature known to eat 110AC and quotes through its
*DCL*.  Vax are usually found in groups of Vaxen called clusters where
they lay in wait to ravage thier prey known as users.