Subject: Re: New G3 PB?
To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@mipsys.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/1999 06:26:34
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@mipsys.com> wrote:

>I don't know how complex porting BootX to work with NetBSD would be, and
>I don't know neither what kind of licence conflicts could arise, I didn't
>install nor look at netbsd yet (I really lack time to do all I would like
>to ;-)
>
>However, I'm willing to do all the needed changes and help people who
>would be interested in getting it to work.

Does this offer also extend to getting BootX working on the Blue G3?  I
thought I had read someplace that it was capable of booting NetBSD (and
MkLinux) but couldn't find it after I got my Blue G3.  When I tried using
BootX to attempt an installation of MkLinux on the system it got wedged
pretty bad.  I really wanted to run NetBSD anyway so it wasn't that big a
deal, especially after I discovered how to net boot NetBSD on the PPC
system from a NetBSD/mac68k system.

But if you'd like to work together on getting BootX working for NetBSD on
the Blue G3 (or even non-PCI systems), I have the systems, CW Pro 3 and
some spare time.

-bob