Subject: Re: New G3 PB?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@mipsys.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/1999 11:04:42
On Fri, Mar 12, 1999, David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:

>I get my new PowerBook G3/266 next week. It will not have a floppy.
>
>How can I get NetBSD on it? I have another NetBSD machine which runs NetBSD
>1.3.2/i386 if that helps.
>
>I also have access to a DAT tape.
>
>Is there some Install-File as for the i386?

Hum, G3 PowerBooks tend to have a really crappy OF implementation as far
as internal IDE is concerned... With linux-pmac, those machines are
mostly booted via BootX (actually, I originally wrote BootX for my
PowerBook ;-)

I don't know how complex porting BootX to work with NetBSD would be, and
I don't know neither what kind of licence conflicts could arise, I didn't
install nor look at netbsd yet (I really lack time to do all I would like
to ;-)

However, I'm willing to do all the needed changes and help people who
would be interested in getting it to work.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40@calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>