Subject: Re: bootfloppy-990220.fs on PMG3MT266
To: ?$BF#86?(B ?$B@??(B Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/24/1999 17:31:22
On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:48:46PM +0900, ?$BF#86?(B  ?$B@??(B Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
> From: sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp (Yoshihisa Sugimoto)
>
> s>   I tried bootfloppy-990220.fs on PMG3MT266 today. Boot stopped around the S
> s> CSI messages saying "panic: SCSI_CHECK && MESH_SENSE?".

On my PM G3 DT 233 MHz, the bootfloppy of 20 Feb boots successfully, execpt that
it does not probe one of the disks on my (MESH based) external SCSI connector.

Furthermore when I try to install on a disk, it will consistently issue a
diagnostic window saying that the /sbin/newfs /dev/rsd1a command failed, but
not telling why it fails. This happens with default and with custom partitioning.

Exiting to the shell allows me to run disklabel as well as newfs to create
my file systems.

- Erik