Subject: Re: snap-990119
To: Tsubai Masanari <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/25/1999 09:30:36
On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Tsubai Masanari wrote:

> >uid 0 on/: file system full
> >/: write failed, file system is full
>
> Where (when) do you get this?  I didn't see when I tested the installer.
> (on 8500, MESH SCSI:-).  boot.fs with MESH support is available from
> ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/macppc/mesh/)

Using the boot floppy, when trying to run sysinst.

I grabbed the boot.fs off of ftp.netbsd.org as part of the 990119 snap,
and put it on a floppy using suntar. I booted into OF on the 8500, and
told it boot fd:0. It booted into NetBSD, asked about the terminal, and
then asked if I wanted to install, halt, or get a shell. I said install,
and then got the above error.

There is 47k free on the boot drive. I bet it's trying to make a temp file
and running out of room.

Thoughts?

Take care,

Bill