Subject: Re: snap-990119
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Shifflett <mshiffle@interport.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/23/1999 17:57:07
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> >>Where (when) do you get this?  I didn't see when I tested the installer.
> >>(on 8500, MESH SCSI:-).  boot.fs with MESH support is available from
> >>ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/macppc/mesh/)
> >
> >I used the macos program bootvariables to get into open firmware and
> >then I typed 'boot fd0:bsd' which caused the computer to boot from the
> >floppy.  I get the prompt to set the terminal to be vt100, and then
> >get the (I)nstall (S)hell (H)alt prompt.  If I type an "I", I get the
> >seg fault.  If I type an "S"  I have to press the caps lock before any
> >lower case letters appear on the screen, but I can use the commands with
> >no problem.  I'll give the new boot.fs a try and let you (the list
> >really) know what happens.
>
> I get the same seg. fault at the same place with the mesh boot floppy.

Hi,

Was able to boot with the mesh enabled floopy, and run the installer and
grab the sets via ftp from another machine on my lan but when it gets to
unpack the sets and prompts whether I want to view the files the machine
reboots and drops back into OF.

A panic message appears prior to the reboot but happens so quickly I can't
see the entire message. If necessary I can read the process over serial if
you need the specifics of the message. Looks like the mesh driver is still
not quite ready for PT or is it something else?

Marc