Subject: How to Install ?
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Sylvain ROUGIER <Sylvain.ROUGIER@grolier.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/23/1998 15:04:00
Hello,

	Once again, someone can't install NetBSD on his computer  :-)

	I have downladed the boot floppy (and the binary snapshot).

	Since I don't have any terminal ( I have a PC but not the cable to
connect it to the mac using serial), I have configured OF to handle
screen/keyboard from the mac adb screen/keyboard.
	I load the netbsd kernel, all seems ok until the kernel start (?) at
this point I see nothing anymore leaving no choice but reboot.
	I have the feeling that the kernel upon starting handle all
screen/keyboard from the serial line.
	I am wrong ?
	If not how can I use my mac screen/keyboard ?
	If not can I bought any serial cable to connect PC<->mac or should it
have somthing special ?
	Mac and PC are also connected using ethernet.

	I am not an unix begginer (started my unix life on NetBSD 1.0 4 years
ago :-)), but I never try to install netbsd on macppc.

Thanks for any help.

S.R.