Subject: Re: Please help a newbe?
To: Anthony D. Saxton <lna@bigfoot.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/11/1998 10:57:15
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Anthony D. Saxton wrote:

> Now a new problem! The installer expects to get the tgz files through a
> network! I have them on and HFS drive. What type of network? Appletalk? Can I
> use the old LC II that I'm using for a terminal to network the files? Do I
> need an ethernet setup? Am I screwed? LOL

You'd need an IP network of some sort, and an ftp server on the other end.
That'd mean either Ethernet or maybe ppp. If the LC II has an ethernet
card, you can use NetPrez (I think that's the name) to be an ftp server,
which the PowerMac could download from.

> I would really like to get this NetBSD going on my PCC system! How else am I
> going to achieve proficiency in UNIX? Unfortunately, here, I'm in very foreign territory...

Well, keep trying! We'll try to help. :-)

Take care,

Bill