Subject: G3 issues
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/24/1998 12:29:32
I've got a G3 266 D/T, currently running Rhapsody DR2 and Allegro 8.5b2c2.

Before I download the 980715.fs boot floppy image and try the "Pigs with wings"
act with it, a couple of questions:

(1) I have 160 Mb of RAM (damn I love nearly $1/Mb RAM prices) - the stock 32
    Mb SDRAM DIMM and an added 128 Mb DIMM.  Would I need to remove the 128 Mb
    DIMM to test it out?  (I'm rather loathe to do that)

(2) I can get the G3 into Open Firmware on the console video which currently
    goes to an Apple 16" monitor.  Can I use that for the NetBSD/macppc
    floppy boot process, or do I have to have a serial console attached?
    I don't really have the means to hook up anything to the serial port for
    an external console, so I was sorta hoping I wouldn't need to use one.

Thanks,

	- Greg