Subject: Re: G3 support second try
To: Tsubai Masanari <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/16/1998 17:01:23
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I fdformat'ed the disk, and the dd ot def/rfd0a worked. I'll try the disk
> later.

Well, it still didn't work. I'm not sure what's wrong.

I get default catch errors w/ the code being FFF00300, %SRR0 FF80C180
%SRR1 0000B070.

My computer has OF 2.0.f1, and the nvramrc has a bunch of gobbledygook in
it (I ran Multibooter to set a few things up, and I guess it "patched"
OF).

Any other suggestions?

Is there a more modern gcc/binutils than the ones in the powerpc directory
on ftp.netbsd.org? I might try to see if I can cross-compile things.

Oh, is my boot-file supposed to be set to anything?

Take care,

Bill