Subject: Re: G3 support
To: Tsubai Masanari <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/27/1998 10:19:55
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Tsubai Masanari wrote:

> >boot DEFAULT CATCH!, code @FFF00300 at %SRR0: 86628224 %SRR1 00045168
>
> It seems not the G3 incompatiblity, but the boot floppy bug.  I want
> to fix, but I don't have G3...

Well, I'm happy to test things!

Actually, the linuxppc folks have a boot floppy working. Actually, it
seems all you have to do is take a mac-formatted floppy, stuff
g3installer.coff on it, and then boot that. So a mini-rooted kernel is all
that's needed.

I.E. if you or someone else can put kernels up for test, I can download
then and give them a try. If only the kernel's needed, then we don't need
this disk image stuff. :-)

Though the different mmu problem Jason mentioned'd be a snag. :-(

Take care,

Bill