Subject: Re: G3 support
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/1998 16:41:22
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

> Bill> Even when I have it write values out, if I have it
> Bill> then re-scan, I get corrupted variables again.
> Bill> Everything comes up blank; no strings in the text
> Bill> fields, all the numbers == 0, and all the check boxes
> Bill> unchecked.
> Strange...  I skimmed through linux-ppc ML, but didn't find
> such a problem.
> Would you try configuring OpenFirmware via serial console
> and let us know the result?

I booted holding down command, option, O, and F, and I got the OF console
on screen.

boot fd:0 didn't work, for some reason. I got MacOS instead. So I typed
"setenv boot-device fd:0", and typed boot.

I got :

boot DEFAULT CATCH!, code @FFF00300 at %SRR0: 86628224 %SRR1 00045168

I typed bye to get to MacOS.

Take care,