Subject: Re: G3 support
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/1998 12:57:55
Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>  wrote:

Bill> I'm having trouble with this step. I got boot
Bill> variables (version 1.2), but it doesn't work. Each
Bill> time I run it, it complains that the NVRAM is
Bill> corrupted. ???

Hmm, I used ver. 1.1.

Bill> Even when I have it write values out, if I have it
Bill> then re-scan, I get corrupted variables again.
Bill> Everything comes up blank; no strings in the text
Bill> fields, all the numbers == 0, and all the check boxes
Bill> unchecked.

Strange...  I skimmed through linux-ppc ML, but didn't find
such a problem.

Would you try configuring OpenFirmware via serial console
and let us know the result?

The default: ttya (modem port), 38400 b/s, 8 bits, no
parity.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!