Subject: Re: G3 support
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/1998 11:38:19
Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>  wrote:

Bill> On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Tsubai Masanari wrote:

Bill> Unfortunatly it didn't work.

Bill> I ftp'd the file to my i386, and wrote the floppy
Bill> with:

Bill> dd if=bootfloppy-980624.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=10k

Seems to be okey.

Bill> I booted the mac in MacOS (to re-read your
Bill> instruction), then selected restart. I threw the
Bill> floppy in the drive. The machine went bong, the screen
Bill> turned gray, I got a mouse, and then it spun up the
Bill> hard disk. It then read the floppy (I could tell from
Bill> the sound), and spat it out. It then proceeded to boot
Bill> MacOS.

Bill> Other suggestions?

Didn't you boot the box from OF console?  If not, get
bootvars utility and configure to enable OF.

ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/utilities/bootvars.sit.hqx

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!