Subject: Re: G3 support
To: Tsubai Masanari <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/24/1998 18:33:07
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Tsubai Masanari wrote:

> >What's the status of port macppc on the G3? The first Q's are if it
> >supports on-board ethernet, and the internal SCSI bus. ?? External SCSI?
> >Backside cache?
>
> Please try. :-)
> ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/bootfloppy-980624.fs
> is bootable (I hope!) floppy image.

Unfortunatly it didn't work.

I ftp'd the file to my i386, and wrote the floppy with:

dd if=bootfloppy-980624.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=10k

I booted the mac in MacOS (to re-read your instruction), then selected
restart. I threw the floppy in the drive. The machine went bong, the
screen turned gray, I got a mouse, and then it spun up the hard disk. It
then read the floppy (I could tell from the sound), and spat it out. It
then proceeded to boot MacOS.

Other suggestions?

Take care,

Bill