Port-mac68k archive

Issue with booting NetBSD 8.0 on Macintosh SE/30

Greetings:

I am having some difficulty getting sysinst working via the NetBSD Booter tool on classic MacOS. Here is a bit of background for context...

System Specs:
Macintosh SE/30 with stock 68030 CPU @ 16Mhz (no accelerator boards present)
128 MB RAM
Asante PDS Ethernet card (10BASE-T)
SD2SCSI adapter sporting an 8GB SD card partitioned four ways (for four 2GB HFS formatted "drives")

The SD2SCSI adapter doesn't play nicely with the ncrscsi device driver (it hangs during drive detection), and I've tried the SBC variant as well as a custom compiled kernel that completely disables PDMA. Both of these options present me with an MMU fault trap and the kernel stack, followed by the debugger prompt which doesn't respond to any of my keystrokes, requiring a hard reset.

https://i.ibb.co/7CZTHww/IMG-20190312-232326.jpg

I have linked to a picture of my screen on the SE/30. Any idea as to what may be going on here?

--
  Matt Nawrocki
  matt%postpro.net@localhost