Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD 7.0.2 on a Mac LC III

   The only ”hard” problem I’ve encountered so far is, that fsck will bail out with a ”floating point exception” if it finds anything to repair. This also goes for the ”Automatic file system check” when going multi-user, but it will only complain with a ”Help!” and then it proceeds. I had a power glitch, that caused the disk problem, but so far it hasn’t shown any other effects.

   Other than that, the installation and configuration have been surprisingly painless - if slooow.  :-) But the latter was expected. Impressive work by the maintainers. Thank you!

   Remote ssh login and X forwarding work perfectly with the ”defaults”. I didn’t get twm to work, but I’ve only tried once, so far. Now I can at least work from my ”native” keyboard.

   The infamous makemandb is still struggling with the 20+, faulty X11 manpages, but now it’s running ’nice’, so it does no longer hog the computer for an hour or so. Good thinking!

Best regards,

/Bjarne.