Port-mac68k archive

Re: Quiescing Nubus DMA?

It's hard to imagine any OS running reliably if it does not "take charge"
of such a peripheral card at boot time, to reset and initialize it.

How does MacOS do this?  I would think it would *have* to be done
in the ROM, since nothing else would be safe from the DMA engine.

I would expect that NuBus would have some sort of reset sequence, and
that would *have* to "park" the card.

No help, but curious. ;->

-dgl-