Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBooting a Quadra from MacOS X

[Btw: Would you mind setting your Apple Mail to use proper quoting and
plain text mail? That <x-rich> and
my Eudora inline the quoted passages with the rest of the mail. Thanks!]

At 12:57 Uhr +0200 29.4.2008, Andreas Wolf wrote:
>       macbsd# touch /var/gaga/letme
>       touch: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
>What's wrong here?

tset(1), touch(1) are from /usr/bin, df(1) is from /bin. It would seem that
you accidentally picked a usr tarball for a different architecture?

About shoehorning a MacOS X machine into being a proper nfs server I cannot
say much. There are slight differences in exports notation between SunOS
and the various BSDs, and big ones between them and the zoo of Linuxes.
Apple seems to add its own twists and variations. They are said to track
FreeBSD userland, but how regularly? And how thoroughly? NFS exporting a
file was possible since SunOS 4, or so I read my "Managing NFS and NIS"...
if Apple broke that, all bets are off.

        hauke