Port-mac68k archive

Re: MI SONIC Ethernet driver for mac68k

stix%stix.id.au@localhost wrote:

> > Ah, I notice there is an obvious bug in dp83932var.h.
> > I guess sonic chip on your LC card is in 16bit mode, right?
>
> Yes, it is. And with that obvious bug fixed, it appears to work
> fine,

Thanks, I'll commit it soon.

> although with a lot of FIFO overruns - probably somewhat
> to be expected on an old system like this.

You could try to find optimized TX/RX FIFO threshold values
in if_sn_nubus.c with the sc->sc_dcr member. Old one used
TX/RX = 16bytes/16bytes (DCR_TFT0|DCR_RFT1), but arc port
uses conservative values, 28bytes/4bytes (DCR_TFT0|DCR_TFT1).

> Note: I left the previous patch in, too. Not sure if that was the
> idea or not.

The DP83932C manual says in the CAM enable regsiter (CER) section:

>> Under normal operations the user does not access this register.
>> Instead the user sets up this register through the last entry in
>> the CAM descriptor area. The SONIC loads the CE register during
>> execution of the LCAM Command.

so I'll also commit the previous patch, which sets "camvalid"
via LCAM command rather than writing CER directly.
---
Izumi Tsutsui