Port-mac68k archive

Re: port-mac68k/37474: After installing a system, booting into it, and mounting /, I get a message saying that the magic numbers don't match upon reboot.

Another update to this thread for anyone who cares. I find that the stable 4.0 GENERICSBS kernel will actually boot into a working 3.1 (patched) system from the MacOS partition. Recent daily builds of 4.0, however, give me:

"panic:  Illegal instruction", or "panic:  MMU fault"

We're not headed in the right direction when it comes to Powerbook 1xx machines, folks.

Oh, I put the Apple 1.3GB ATA drive piggybacked on a SCSI converter card back in my Powerbook 180 as it didn't seem to be what was causing the problem with 4.0. The GENERICSBC kernel still boots into single user mode when installed on / but still gives me, "Magic numbers do not match -- Improper UFS partition" when I mount / and try to boot into multi-user mode.

Any thoughts?

Tom