-----Original Message-----

From:  Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
Subj:  Moving MacOS to another disk
Date:  Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:58 pm
Size:  1K
To:  port-mac68k%NetBSD.org@localhost

Hi folks,

sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I'm completely MacOS impaired :-(

I have a mac68k that has a small internal disk (with MacOS installed) and

a larger external one (where I put NetBSD).

Now I got another disk and would like to replace the small internal one with

it - so I need to move MacOS completely onto the new disk, and then run

the installer again to add a NetBSD partition.

Now the simple, stupid question: what do I need to do to copy over the old,

small disk to the new internal one and make it bootable? I found how to select

the boot volume, but the new one is empty.

sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, LP240S GM240S01X, 6.3> disk fixed

sd0: 234 MB, 1818 cyl, 4 head, 65 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 479350 sectors

sd0: async, 8-bit transfers

sd1 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <SEAGATE, ST39236LW, 0004> disk fixed

sd1: 8761 MB, 14384 cyl, 3 head, 415 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 17942584 sectors

sd1: async, 8-bit transfers, tagged queueing

sd2 at scsibus0 target 4 lun 0: <IBM, DNES-309170W, SA30> disk fixed

sd2: 8748 MB, 11474 cyl, 5 head, 312 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 17916240 sectors

sd2: async, 8-bit transfers, tagged queueing

I want to remove sd0 later and move sd1 to scsi id 0. I don't seem to have

any partition editors installed, but I have a working internet connection ;-)

Any hints?

Thanks,

Martin

P.S.: bonus question: could I make the mac volume slightly bigger during the

process?