Port-mac68k archive

Re: panic with 4.0 kernel

panic: uvm_swapin: rewiring stack failed: 79
Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x6      unlk    a6
db>

I hear the drive spin up for a few seconds, then spin down again, over and over.

There's no reason the system would tell the drive to spin up and down...

Well I don't know much about the debugger but I saw I could use dmesg so I tried that. Lots of sd0 errors. Upon rebooting, the machine stopped at the blinking ? disk. Time to start over I guess...

Sounds like a dying / dead disk.

John