Subject: Re: port-mac68k/37474: After installing a system, booting into it, and mounting /, I get a message saying that the magic numbers don't match upon reboot.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2007 06:10:09
On Dec 12, 2007, at 3:47 AM, Hauke Fath wrote:

> I see that you reported similar issues in
> <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2007/05/25/0000.html>. Have
> the patches in netbsd-3 fixed that for you, i.e. is your current
> problem netbsd-4 specific?

Yes, I have had trouble with netbsd-3 as well.  Even with the patched
3.1.1 version, I can boot from the GERERIC kernel on the Mac partition
OK, but when I install the system and try to boot into that I get a
"panic, no init" message.  NetBSD 4.0R5 was the first version since
2.1, I think, where I could boot into single-user mode successfully,
but, when I mount / and reboot... magic numbers don't match.

Tom