Subject: Re: Magic numbers do not match?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/2007 05:29:54
On Dec 5, 2007, at 5:57 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> Could you post exact whole messages you saw?
> I don't see any programs which could show
> "magic numbers do not match" strings.
> ("BAD MAGIC NUMBER" of fsck_ffs?)

Booting...
Magic numbers do not match -- improper UFS partition
Could not open kernel "netbsd"

>> None of the NetBSD3.x kernels have booted on my machine.  They all
>> stop
>> at... panic:  no init.
>
> Fix for "no init" problem was pulled up to netbsd-3 branch
> after 3.1 release so you could try daily snapshot of netbsd-3 branch.
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/

You are right.  I tried netbsd-GENERICSBC in that release and it works
fine.  I'm going to go ahead and install the whole system and see if I
have the same problem with magic numbers when I reboot after mounting
the file system.

Tom